Monday, January 5, 2009

Heart of Darkness

I finally have a chance to blog. Due to not having internet here and then being sick I haven't had a chance to blog. Well I went in to this thinking it was going to be pretty much like Apocalypse Now and it definitely is. As soon as we left the Jacksonville airport we were on our way directly to the shoot. After an hour of shooting B roll the director wants me to go get a shiny board from the truck. Problem is, the truck hasn't been emptied or organized yet, so after I pull everything out to get the boards I have no way of getting shit back in so I am forced to sit and babysit gear for an hour and a half. 

We then get to our new home. A fabulous beach house. With Vinnie, Krieger, the grip (Pat), and myself having the attic to ourselves. We unpack out personal stuff, unload the truck and are off to shoot night exteriors until 12am, luckily we're right out back of the house. With hearing murmurs of a 6:30am shoot we re-iterated to the director that he said he didn't want to burn us out the first day , so that shoot was postponed.

The following day we drove down to Daytona Beach to shoot scenes there all day. We two hours over and there was a lot of "making up scenes" as we went along. There seems to be no rehearsal for actors, well on camera rehearsals. We wrapped at about 7pm. We got there at  9am.

Yesterday we drove down to Daytona beach again to shoot a drive-in church, for an atheist it was moderately freaky. We then caravanned to find a Starbucks but ultimately settled on an IHOP. Then a scene was cut because the director didn't like the next location. We then were off to do cab stuff at the airport all in caravan mode. After a long day I am now sick. We had lasagna for dinner and right after that I passed out. The sunrise shoot was rescheduled for this morning but Vinnie decided I could sleep in because they didn't need me.

Today, we shot the drugstore scene which was 86'd yesterday. They're off shooting B-roll. Once they get back we're shooting in a bathroom, then a shower, and then  more beach stuff.

The "your mom" jokes are getting more prevalent and funnier. I am not sunburned at all. The food has been good except for yesterday which was "pack your own lunch day" which I didn't eat lunch.  Vinnie's been teaching us the card game "oh shit" which is kind of like euchre so I'm familiar with it.   

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment